by PAM
Make a wish, take a chance, make a change... and breakaway!
Nope, I don't know for sure what exactly this "new adventure" has in store for me and my "travel companions". Even with maps, compass and well-studied books about the challenging trail, none can prepare anyone to the twists and turns along the way - we know that. Nevertheless, yep, we're spreading our wings and flying away.
I have been to a few huge "expeditions" before. They were all difficult and, in fact, some were close to tormenting. Just the same, every journey has always been exciting... the experience, always rewarding - in new discoveries, new friendships, and strengthened faith in God. And crossing the finish line always brought incredible feeling of fulfillment - more so, because they were shared by the worthy people and institutions whose interests I held close to my heart while I struggled to complete the journey. Therefore, even when anxiety and self-doubt unfailingly weighed me down, I always looked forward to the next adventure - with true gusto!
This next adventure is going to involve big challenges - almost daunting in breadth and depth. It's going to be a bumpy ride, and I'd fall down many times, that's for sure. And yet, I'm sure too, that it will also be interesting, exciting and absorbing - in breadth and depth of new things that I am bound to learn together with my companions in the journey, and the changes that will effect the fulfillment of our possibilities. And, the outcome could be incredibly joyful, too - in many ways that I'm sure are unknown to us now. Aside from "combat drills" and "battleground experience", I'm bringing a lot of "ammunitions" with me: prayers, good advice from experienced, wise and supportive mentors, and a lot of support and love from family and friends. Therefore, I'll keep movin' forward no matter the impediments - one little step at a time... ya can count on it, too!
Alright then... bring it!
***
Breaking though that Examination Barrier
Speaking of huge challenges, the Chemical Engineer Licensure Examination given by the Professional Regulation Commission of the Philippines is coming very soon. It is the exam that will give our graduates the license to sign-on as professional engineers... and, therefore, reiterates the excellent training they get in the University.
I give the same advice to our Chem.E. Batch 2012: Don't hold back. Set out to fulfill your possibilities - your many possibilities. Go for it, guys! Godspeed....
***
Breaking through the top of the rankings
So, what makes a University the Most Important in the World? It's Tech Entrepreneurship, that's what. And, that's according to Chris Vogel, who is banging the gong for the newest #1 University in the World, according to QS: the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, or just "MIT" to their many fans. MIT, considered the hallowed ground of geekiness by the proud, card-carrying S&T geeks, is the University to beat this year. Ah, finally, a Technology Institute rose to the top! This only means one thing: the Technology World is alive and kicking - in a winning way, too! In 'this World', innovation is the name of the game, and entrepreneurship is the challenge that's waiting to be overcome. And with all the daunting challenges of this century, the Tech Entrepreneurs have the potential to become the most important human beings in the global economy. MIT is showing the world how to 'create' these TEs... must we heed, and follow their lead?
***
Breaking through the sporting boundaries
So, Lionel Messi, is the newest father in the football sphere... as of November 2! We heard that FC Barcelona is ready to offer to sign the two-day old Thiago Messi in La Masia - where Leo was honed to become the living legend that he is now. Aside from this happy news, the older (feels odd saying that, considering Leo is merely 25 years old) Messi completed his career 300-goal haul in Barca's contest against Rayo Vallecano last week, which they won with a manita, 5-0. Messi's brace of goals allowed him to break through the 300-goal barrier, reaching 301 - a career high. So, that's Messi making another case for himself as a worthy recipient of a 4th Ballon d'Or - in a row! He just won the golden boot, too. Ah, when it rains, it does pour! Barca, on the other hand, remains seated at the top of the La Liga rankings. Oy, Tito Vilanova, excellent job!
***