=====================================================================
by PAM
I used to be a two-cups-of-rice-for-breakfast sort of a gal... and I'd get up at 4:30 AM to cook and to give myself plenty of time to enjoy my 'big breakfast' before getting to work at 7:00 AM. A friend of mine back in New York used to kid me, "tell me honestly, just how many kids do you actually have that you need to get up before the break of dawn to cook breakfast? Seriously!" Yep, seriously! :)
Anyway, that used to be my morning routine... until the last two months or so. Too many changes - big ones - over the last couple of months. Yep, I had to change lifestyle... and I've become a 'fastbreak breakfast' sort of a person. I still get up before dawn, but only to think and reflect... and read, reply to, and write e-mails, before going to work. So, if you haven't received my reply to your e-mail today, it's because it reached my inbox after dawn.
That muffin is a green tea muffin, mind you!
Well, at least, I'm still able to eat breakfast... and, at least, life still affords me breakfast every morning. And that is enough reason to thank God for and to be positive about this drastic change. Anyway, I don't think my slowed down metabolism can take two cups of rice for breakfast (and another one for lunch... and still another one for dinner) without having my weight doubling in a couple of years or so... especially that I'm no longer able to find the time to exercise. Heaven knows I've already gained eight to ten pounds last year! Aargh!
Hmmm... trade-offs, too many trade-offs. Then again, I guess it's my choice... I could maintain my previous lifestyle and be frustrated (and frustrate people around me, too) by my low level of productivity at work, or accept the change in lifestyle as part of my commitment to this new responsibility that I accepted - in a conscious, grown-up decision. Needless to say, I choose the latter. And so, your guess is as good as mine as to whether I'd be able to complete watching the five episodes of "Ina, Kapatid, Anak" this week on TV or not... and in the coming weeks, too. I have a feeling that I would have to settle for "A Beautiful Affair"... or worse, "Kahit Puso'y Masugatan"... in which case, I have tons of books to read, thank you very much! ;)
So, fellow foodies, did I just waste three minutes of your life reading nonsense and incoherent rant from me? Sorry! What can I say... uhm, "change"? :)
So, fellow foodies, did I just waste three minutes of your life reading nonsense and incoherent rant from me? Sorry! What can I say... uhm, "change"? :)
***
