=============================================================================
by PAM
Felt like I was 'running around' all week, and my fingers have been 'flying' on my keyboard - beating real and self-imposed deadlines. So, need to slow down. For some reason, I've been humming this song in my head...
"I wanna be with you, there's nothing more to say
there's nothing else I want more than to feel this way..."
That sounds really good, doesn't it? Just one girl simply singing about a boy in a beautifully-lit dance studio... in an overall feel-good sorta way. No shocking violence nor exasperating visuals in sex-insinuating scenes that are so prevalent in music videos these days. Of course, Mandy Moore's lip gloss is 'so nineties' and she seemed to try a bit too hard to look as 'sultry' as Cristina Aguilera in this video... but, boy, I didn't realize how slim and long-limbed MM actually was! I've always had that straight-from-the-monastery picture of her in a "Walk to Remember" (2002) in my head... and she obviously gained some weight when she starred in "Chasing Liberty" (2004) where we first took notice of that beautiful Brit Matthew Goode. :)
And, speaking of "A Walk to Remember", this song comes to mind, too...
"In places no one will find all your feelings so deep inside
It was there that I realized that forever was in your eyes
the moment I saw you cry."
And who can forget this song from the same film?
"And I lift my hands and pray to be only yours...
I know now you're my only hope."
Uhm, yeah... wasn't that all so very different from the music videos as we know these days? It's amazing how it all changed so drastically in just one decade! Ah, 'change'... the 'much abused' word that should mean 'hope... a step forward - for the better'. It has now become a theme for promoting personal agenda, a propaganda to justify deviation from what is right, a rebellion against order by people who are simply bored out of their thick (empty) skulls!
Ah, but wait... this is supposed to be an evening of 'feel-good' stuff, hopeful stuff, good stuff. So, yeah... what about ending with something from one of my favorite bands, "The World I know" by Collective Soul?
***
Video credit: Thanks, YouTube, for the video links.
***
Ah, but wait... this is supposed to be an evening of 'feel-good' stuff, hopeful stuff, good stuff. So, yeah... what about ending with something from one of my favorite bands, "The World I know" by Collective Soul?
"Has all the kindness gone?
Hope still lingers on."
Video credit: Thanks, YouTube, for the video links.
***