Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Saturday photo...

 ...not!

=============================================

by PAM

Milestone!
 
For the first time, I experienced what it's like to preside over the Solemn Investiture of a Graduating Class as a 'top administrator' of the University that I have been serving since 1989.  I presided over the Solemn Investiture of the Class of 2023 of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Santo Tomas (UST) where I teach!  I recited the 'formula' in conferring a Bachelor's degree and shifted the tassel of the candidates' graduation cap.  It was an incredible experience, and I am very grateful! 💛  

As past immediate Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, it was my role to present the candidates for graduation during the Commencement Exercises since 2013.  The last time I did that was for the Class of 2019.  Although I remain Dean of the Faculty until 2022 (but on Sabbatical Leave in AY 2021-2022), because of the pandemic, I did not get to do this for the Class of 2020 and Class of 2021.  When I returned to the University in July 2022, I assumed a new assignment under the Office of the Rector of the University.  Apparently, this qualified me to act on behalf of the University in granting the degrees of our Graduating Class during the Commencement Exercises.

In my 7-minute speech, I spoke about the Class of 2023 being "Bulletproof"... with inspiration from the most popular boy band in the world:  BTS.  💜  It was an incredible opportunity... because how many ARMYs can express their admiration for BTS while passing a major milestone in their professional career?  Perhaps, not so many.  As such, I feel blessed... and I thank God for this incredible opportunity.

***
Image credit:  The photos in the collage belong to me, Tomasinoweb and a colleague at UST - thanks!

***