by PAM
Nature... naturally!
I have a few places at home where I enjoy working (WFH whenever needed), or spending some quiet time - 'me time'. One of my biggest favorites is our lanai area - pictured above. It's like an extension of our dining area with only the glass doors and metal rails separating them. So, when the birds start to chirp in chorus loudly, invitingly, in the morning, I'd usually bring my coffee outside and enjoy listening to the birds while I think about the day ahead. I have to admit though that, these days, my 'me time' at the lanai is quite limited due to ongoing construction at our next-door neighbor, making the place quite dusty... and the noise of their construction equipment overpowers the melodious chirps of the birds. But on Sundays and holidays, when the construction is paused, I'd take advantage of the chance to enjoy the place. My old phone probably didn't do justice in capturing the coziness of the space but I tell ya, it's plenty cozy. 🪴💚
These days, as one of the most undeniable causes of floods and what-have-you in Metro-Manila that are detrimental to all aspects of human health becomes obvious - garbage (and, yes, corruption, which is... uhm, yeah, the most repulsive kind of garbage!) - I thank God for the opportunity to have an option even when our 'home #2' is so humble that the space it provides is 'tight' even for our daily living alone. While 'home #1' can be considered green, given its location - right smack in the heart of Metro-Manila - we make conscious effort to maintain the green nature of 'home #2' if it were to become our better option. It is not just about caring for our plants but also about waste minimization, waste segregation, recycling and reuse, and everything that simplifies life, lifestyle and living.
I hope that we, as a people, can turn things around as far as environmental degradation is concerned... and yes, as far as massive corruption in the government is concerned as well since corruption does not only lead to natural environment degradation but also to the degradation of our moral fiber as a society. The solution is in our hands, it is within our power... and it begins with the ballot in 2028. We deserve a better alternative, a better life, better living conditions, better health and well-being. We deserve so much more than what the incompetent people in our government (and, I mean, all three branches) presently can offer, given their foolishness and, yes, their inclination to corrupt acts and actions!
So, yes, we must demand better public service from our public servants. Let's make it work, fellow Filipinos!! Let's seize the moment... let's choose wisely in 2028! Let's pray for guidance, wisdom and the courage to choose wisely.
***
Image credit: The featured photo belongs to me. I took it and processed minimally for the purpose of this blog. It may not be used elsewhere.
***
